Sunday, August 1, 2010

Two Firsts

Dear friends,

Do you remember the feeling when you first learned to ride your bike? The thrill of being able to balance for even just a few feet when your daddy first let go? Or do you remember pulling out your first tooth? Even though it hurt, it was such a rewarding experience!

Firsts are always great. Within the past two days, I've had two firsts!! I'm very proud of myself, and I'm using this blog to brag! Haha... yup, true.

First #1:

Yesterday, Anna and I had our big concert at the Heyde Center in Chippewa Falls, WI. It was such a great night! There were so many people there. Friends, family, fans... everyone came! We sold lots of our new CD - Ready to Go. (It's availabe to listen to on Anna's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/annajohnsonmusic. It's available to purchase on iTunes!)

The concert was a wonderful experience.

For the past few weeks, Anna and I have really been thinking about where we're supposed to go, now that our CD is done, and some of our big concerts are over. We've been figuring out who to work with as a manager, and other things like that. As a result, we've been really praying that God would show us where we belong in life. What exactly is our purpose? This question has been so important to me that I wrote a song! Yes, I wrote a song. And guess what? I sang it at the concert! It was the first time I had ever performed that song in public. Nobody had heard it but Anna. It was the first time I had ever played guitar in public. It was the first time I sang into a microphone while playing guitar STANDING UP! That was pretty difficult for me. Haha... Lots of firsts, and it was a success! People really enjoyed it, and I have the pride of another first!

First #2:

Today is the last night that my Uncle Dale will be in town. He's heading back to Texas early tomorrow morning. We wanted to have him for dinner, but my mom wasn't sure what to make. I had an idea! I took it upon myself to put the cooking lesson I had a couple weeks earlier to use. A friend of mine taught me how to make chicken cordon bleu, and it was pretty delicious. So I recreated it (without a recipe...I forgot it in Nashville...) all by myself! I made the meal for eight people! My grandparents, uncle, and the rest of my family! So many people. It took me a really long time, but it was a success as well! They loved it! And I ate too much. That was the first time I ever cooked a meal for anyone other than Anna and I. It was hard work, but very rewarding!

Now I am full, and proud. Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me to cook, sing, and have the confidence to share it with people!

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment